Belgravia Square (new building at 76 Ave and 115 St)
Road Renewal Project
Construction in Belgravia has resumed. The Belgravia Transportation Committee will be in regular communication with the City and the contractor about schedule updates and neighbourhood access limitations. We will post updates as soon as details are received. For detailed schedules specific to your street, check your mail box for notifications from the contractor.
Groat Road Renewal
Starting Sunday May 6, at 7am, the first major traffic shift will take effect to accommodate preparation work for the next phase of construction:
– Vehicular traffic on the Groat Road Bridge will be shifted to the west half of the bridge
– Traffic on the Victoria Park Overpass will be down to a single lane in each direction to accommodate the bridge deck rehabilitation work
– Pedestrian and cyclist traffic will be temporarily moved to the closed northbound traffic lane
Commercial Area (76th Avenue and 115th Street)
Construction of the public space in front of the businesses at 76th ave and 115th street is tentatively set to begin in mid-July. The City of Edmonton has worked with the local businesses on the design to transform the area.
See here for the design.
Some features include:
– A widened sidewalk next to the buildings
– An area for cafe tables and chairs
– A new landscaped area with trees, shrubs and benches for community members to sit and enjoy
– Angle parking access from 115 Street, with two accessible parking stalls located off the northern alley
– Street parking along the west side of 115 Street
– A sidewalk next to the angle parking off 115 Street
Prior to construction, a wooden pole in the centre of the median will be removed and the small trees will be relocated/removed.