Food! Drink! Special resolutions! Elections! Reports! That’s right, there’s something for everybody at our June 10 Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Members, guests and those just interested, please attend BCL’s AGM on Wednesday, June 10 at 7 p.m. at the BCL Hall.
- 6:30 p.m. – Register members, give out voting cards, chat and enjoy snacks and drinks
- 7 p.m. – AGM starts
- 8 p.m. – Dessert and visiting!
For members and prospective members, it’s an efficient way to connect with what’s going on and what’s coming up and meeting the current BCL Board of Directors, including your consideration of the special resolutions noted below.
It’s been another very full year for the community league and the neighbourhood: amazing strides on hall renewal, dynamic community programming, expanding membership, attention to planning and development issues, communications and social media activity and much work that is less public but ensures the continuing good governance and management of BCL in the interests of its membership.
We’ll get right into the AGM agenda at 7 p.m. with members in good standing (current membership) eligible to vote and food, refreshments and visiting around 8 p.m.
BCL AGM Agenda Items
- Chair’s report on 2014-2015 activities and developments
- Presentation of 2014- 2015 Reviewed Financial Statements (BCL’s fiscal year runs April 1 -March 31)
- Recommendation to Appoint Directors for continuing terms
- Special Resolution: To repeal BCL’s current bylaws to be replaced with these draft bylaws
- Special Resolution: To repeal BCL’s existing objects to be replaced with objects as posted and presented (View the proposed new BCL Objects here)
- Election of New Directors
As noted in a previous BCL newsletter, it has been nearly 50 years since BCL’s objects and bylaws were last amended. BCL’s objects are the most fundamental goals of the organization. BCL currently has 11 objects and the aim is to streamline these to just four objects that clearly express and encompass BCL’s purpose.
Bylaws are the fundamental governing rules and regulations of a not for profit society, stating how the society is governed and how the powers of the society are to be exercised by the board and members. We are proposing that the 1966 Bylaws for BCL be replaced by bylaws that are clearer and more concise on the following matters, consistent with the Societies Act of Alberta:
- Membership categories and voting
- Powers and duties of the board and executive
- Finance and Management matters
For further information about BCL’s AGM, email Jeanette Boman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations to serve on the BCL Board of Directors closes on May 29th, 2015. For more information in serving on BCL’s board of directors, email David Ridley at past email@example.com
First posted: May 20, 2015
Edited: June 2, 2015